The Plant Environmental Physiology Group Field Techniques Workshop will be held from 6 to 12 September 2020 at the Quinta de Sao Pedro Field Study Centre, Lisbon, Portugal.
The Workshop will provide a unique opportunity for MSc, PhD students and early career researchers to gain hands-on experience and training in plant ecophysiology techniques from leading scientists and manufacturers.
Registration will open early in 2020 and studentships will be offered including registration and a contribution to travel expenses.
The intensive five day long workshop will include demonstrations of key field and lab techniques:
- leaf-level processes including photosynthetic gas exchange.
- chlorophyll fluorescence (including imaging).
- canopy processes including stable isotopes, monitoring canopy development/Leaf Area Index, IR thermography.
- plant water status hydraulic conductance.
- soil, water, roots, nutrient status.
- theory and practice of long-term monitoring under field conditions, including micrometeorology, eddy covariance, and remote sensing methodologies.
For full details, please see the website